Get balanced coverage on 8-numbers with a 5if6 guarantee using just 4 lines. Key number 4if4 coverage with repeat Match 3 wins as consolation.
Wheeling System Playing Tips
You can also try swapping out your (1,2,3,4) or (5,6,7,8) number-sets with new options on a 2nd ticket set. This will add additional 3if3 coverage for 12-numbers total.
Wheel 8 Numbers on 4 Lines
All numbers appear equally exactly three times each, making this ticket set very evenly weighted. It’s also nearly identical to the 3if3 ticket set for 8 numbers with some minor number swaps.
Both options offer the same prize guarantees (3if3 and 5if6), but changes to lines 3 and 4 allow for different combinations.
The first four numbers (1,2,3,4) and the last four numbers (5,6,7,8) appear on two lines so there’s a lot of room for matches as long you can quickly draw 2 numbers from either set.
Guaranteed Wheel Prize Wins
If you can at least match 3 number you’ll be guaranteed at least 1 win with a decent shot of repeat prize wins.
Because you have full 3if3 coverage you’re not only guaranteed to win at least one Match 3 prize but will also have more than a 40% chance of winning two prizes.
- Matching any two of (1,2,3,4) or (5,6,7,8) and any other number will guarantee you two prize wins.
- All other 3-number combination will guarantee you one prize win.
Secondary Wheel Prize Wins
Should your combination not appear when matching 4 or more numbers, you will be still guaranteed repeat-wins of Match 3 prizes.
You have full 3if4 coverage here, so you’ll win prizes all on 4 tickets no matter what when matching 4 numbers.
- Matching (1,2,3,4) or (5,6,7,8) or (2,3,5,6) will guarantee you two prize wins.
- All other combinations of 4 matching numbers will guarantee you one prize win plus two Match 3 prizes.
- If you do not have a match 4, you’ll still be guaranteed four Match 3 prizes.
- Matching all four of (1,2,3,4) or (5,6,7,8) and any other number will guarantee you one prize win, plus one Match 4 prize and one Match 3 prize.
- If you do not have a Match 5 you’ll still be guaranteed three Match 4 prize and one Match 3 prize.
You have full 5if6 coverage here, so you are guaranteed to have at least two Match 5 wins when hitting all 6 numbers.
- You need to matching all four of (1,2,3,4) or (5,6 7,8) or (2,3,5,6) to have two shots at winning the jackpot.
- If you do not have a Match 6 you’ll still be guaranteed two Match 5 prizes and two Match 4 prizes. (86%)
Wheel Free Tickets
All numbers appear on three tickets, so you’ll be able win 3 free tickets for a Match Bonus Only.
Matching any two of (1,2,3,4) | (5,6,7,8) or (1,2,3,4) will also provide you with two free tickets.
At that price, however, we recommend going with 6if6 coverage for 7 numbers as this comes with a jackpot guarantee. You could also try 4if4 coverage of 9 numbers which is also only 7 lines in total.
Since there is no guarantee beyond a single 3if3 with this wheel, matching your number sets (1,2,3,4) and (5,6,7,8) will dictate the amount of prize money you can win.
The line cost, however, is quite cheap which allows you to still profit when wins are few and far between.
- Match 3 = $10: every 3-5 draws… or
- Match 4 = $50: every 10-25 draws… or
- Match 5 = $500 : every 40-143 draws
Wheeling System Summary
The fact that you can box out 8 numbers quite cheaply and win multiple prizes makes this ticket set an interesting bet.
In general, this ticket is best played on lotteries where small prizes have a medium payout, but can still be profitable if your Match 5 is near the 500x limit.
- 10x prize for Match 3 → $10 prize / $1 ticket
- 50x prize for Match 4 → $50 prize / $1 ticket
- 500x prize for Match 5 → $500 prize / $1 ticket