Get balanced coverage on 9-numbers with a 5if6 guarantee using just 7 lines. Key number 5if5 and 4if4 coverage, plus a repeat win Match 3 guarantee.
Wheeling System Playing Tips
The key to playing this 7-line ticket is to work odd/even and low/high patterns within your key number sets.
This way you can evenly distribute your favorite numbers throughout each decade in the most popular patterns for a 6if6 match.
Similar to bankers, your key number match will produce repeat wins on multiple lines.
- (1,2,3,4,5) will repeat on 3 lines with full 5if5 coverage.
- (5,6,7,8,9) will repeat on 2 lines with full 5if5 coverage.
- (6,7,8,9) will repeat on 3 lines with full 4if4 and 5if6 coverage.
- (6,7,8) will repeat on 4 lines with full 3if3 coverage.
Wheel 9 Numbers on 7 Lines
The first five numbers (1,2,3,4,5) and the last four numbers (6,7,8,9) will repeat on 3 of 7 lines.
These groupings can create a large number of repeat prize wins should at least 3 numbers of either set appear in the draw.
Guaranteed Wheel Prize Wins
You have a 93% chance of winning a Match 3 prize, as well as, a 36% chance of winning 2 prizes if the lottery draw contains 3 of your 9 numbers.
- Match all 3 numbers within (6,7,8) you’ll be guaranteed to win four repeat prizes.
- Match any 3 numbers within (1,2,3,4,5) or within (6,7,8,9) and you’ll be guaranteed to win three repeat prizes.
- All other combinations will guarantee you win one or two prizes.
You have a 73% chance of winning a Match 4 prize if the lottery draw contains 4 of your 9 numbers.
- Match any 4 numbers within (1,2,3,4,5) you’ll be guaranteed to win three repeat prizes.
- Match all 4 numbers within (6,7,8,9) you’ll be guaranteed to win three repeat prizes.
You have a 28% chance of winning a Match 5 prize if the lottery draw contains 5 of your 9 numbers.
- Match all 5 of (1,2,3,4,5) you’ll be guaranteed to win 4 repeat prizes.
- Match all 4 of (6,7,8,9) plus any other number you’ll at least be guaranteed to win one prize.
- If you do not have a match 5, then you’ll at least be guaranteed two Match 4 prizes and 4-5 Match 3 prizes.
Secondary Wheel Prize Wins
You have an 8% chance of winning the jackpot if the lottery draw contains 6 of your 9 numbers.
- If you do not have a Match 6, you’ll at least win one Match 5 prize, plus 4-6 Match 4 prizes and 3-4 Match 3 prizes.
Repeat Prize Wins
As long as you can match 4 numbers on this ticket set you’ll have at least 4-6 winning lines out of 7. If you can match 5 numbers, you’ll win prizes on all 7 lines.
- A Match 3 within any of your key numbers sets will produce 3-4 repeat prize wins.
- A Match 4 within either of your key numbers sets will produce 3 repeat prize wins.
- A Match 5 within either of your key numbers will produce 2-3 repeat prize wins.
Wheel Free Tickets
The numbers (1,5,6,7) appear on 5 of 7 lines, while (2,3,8,9) appear on 4 lines. Some pairings, such as (6,7) and (7,8) appear 4 times each.
- A Match Only Bonus is guaranteed to win 4-5 free tickets.
- A Match 2 within your key numbers sets is guaranteed to win 3-4 free tickets.
- All other Match 2 combinations will win 2-3 free tickets.
While there is only a 7% chance of missing out on a 3if3 coverage prize, it’s still a possibility which adds risk. There’s also a 36% chance of missing out on Match 4 prizes, and 71% chances on Match 5.
- Match 3 = $10: every 1-6 draws… or
- Match 4 = $50: every 6-23 draws… or
- Match 5 = $500 : every 23-142 draws
Medium Prize Pool
This ticket is best played in lotteries with where small matches produce medium-level prizes.
- 10x prize for Match 3 → $10 prize / $1 ticket
- 50x prize for Match 4 → $50 prize / $1 ticket
- 500x prize for Match 5 → $500 prize / $1 ticket
Wheeling System Summary
The wheel is a variation of the 3if3 guarranteed wheel which comes with a small risk of losing out on a Match 3 prize. If you’re playing for the big prize, however, that’s then when the full 5if6 guarantee comes into play.
The 3-4 repeat wins just 7 lines also make it very appealing, as does the easy ordering of numbers in 6if6 ticket sets (1,2,3,4,5,6) and (4,5,6,7,8,9)
Alternative Wheel Traps
If you want more repeat wins from your key numbers match then a 3if3 wheel trap is your best bet. The cost of the 3if3 benefit is that your 5if6 coverage is reduced from 100% to 90%.
Upgrading to a 5if5 wheel trap for 9 numbers is not recommended as it requires 30 total lines. This is more than four times the cost and is a very risky play, but a 4if4 wheel trap is guaranteed in only 12 lines.
You can, however, reduce your chosen numbers but also guarantee a jackpot win by going with a 6if6 wheel trap for 7 numbers (also 7 lines).