Get balanced coverage on 8-numbers with a 3if3 guarantee using just 4 lines. Key number 5if5/4if4 coverage with repeat Match 4/Match 3 wins as consolation.
Wheeling System Playing Tips
To improve your payouts from 3if3, 4if4, 5if5 and 6if6, play multiple 4-ticket sets by swapping numbers and changing the order of these two sets (1,2,3,4 and 5,6,7,8).
You can also try swapping out your (1,2,3,4) or (5,6,7,8) number-sets with new options on a 2nd ticket set. This will add additional 3if3 coverage for 12-numbers total.
Wheel 8 Numbers on 4 Lines
The first four numbers (1,2,3,4) and last four numbers (5,6,7,8) appear twice, so there’s a lot of room for matches as long you can quickly draw 2 numbers from either set.
Guaranteed Wheel Prize Wins
if you can at least match 3 number you’ll be guaranteed at least 1 win with a decent shot of repeat prize wins.
See Match 3 coverage for in-depth prize breakdowns.
You are guaranteed one Match 2+B prize but can win two prizes depending on the combination.
Because you have full 3if3 coverage you’re not only guaranteed to win at least one Match 3 prize but will also have a 43% chance of winning two prizes.
- Matching any two consecutive (i.e 1,2 or 2,3, etc.) and any other number will guarantee you two prize wins. (43%)
- Any other 3-number combination will guarantee you one prize win. (57%)
Secondary Wheel Prize Wins
Should your combination not appear when matching 4 or more numbers, you will be still guaranteed several lower prizes.
See Match 4 coverage for in-depth prize breakdowns.
You can win up to two up to two Match 3+B prizes, but it’s most likely that you’ll win one Match 3+B prizes plus three Match 3 prizes.
You have full 3if4 coverage here, so you’ll win prizes all on 4 tickets no matter what when matching 4 numbers.
- Matching any two odd/even pairs (1,2 | 3,4 | 5,6 | 7,8) will guarantee you two prize wins. (8%)
- Numerous other combinations (69%) will provide you one prize win plus two Match 3 prizes.
- If you do not have a match 4 ((23%) you’ll still be guaranteed four Match 3 prizes.
See Match 5 coverage for in-depth prize breakdowns.
You’ll have more than a 40% chance to win a Match 4+Bonus prize which is quite good for a 4-line ticket.
You have 4if5 coverage on all tickets, so you’re least guaranteed three Match 4 wins.
- Matching any two odd/even pairs (1,2 | 3,4 | 5,6 | 7,8) plus any other number will guarantee you one prize win plus one Match 4 prize and one Match 3 prize. (43%)
- If you do not have a Match 5 you’ll still be guaranteed three Match 4 prize and one Match 3 prize. (57%)
See Match 6 coverage for in-depth prize breakdowns.
You’ll have a 14% chance of hitting a Match 5+B prize win which will require you to match all four of your key number sets.
You have 5if6 coverage here, so you are guaranteed to have at least two Match 5 wins when hitting all 6 numbers.
- Matching all four of (1,2,3,4) or (5,6 7,8) will guarantee you to win the jackpot plus three Match 4 prizes. (14%)
- If you do not have a Match 6 you’ll still be guaranteed two Match 5 prizes and two Match 4 prizes. (86%)
You’ll have full 6if7 coverage here that will ensure you either win the jackpot win or win 5+ Bonus prize.
- Matching all four of (1,2,3,4) or (5,6 7,8) in the regular draw and an odd/even pair of the other will guarantee you to win the jackpot plus three Match 4+B prizes.
- Any other combination will still guarantee you win one Match 5+B prize plus one Match 5 prize and two Match 4+B prizes.
Wheel Free Tickets
All numbers appear on three tickets, so you’ll have a good chance to win free tickets on 3 of 4 lines.
Match Only Bonus
Each number appears exactly three times, so if you only have Match 1, then you can win 3 free tickets.
This will not usually win anything, if you have a Match 1+B then you could lose all or just 1 of your free tickets.
Matching two consecutive odd/even numbers (1,2 or 3,4, etc.) will guarantee you win 3 free tickets, while all other combinations will ensure you win 2 free tickets.
The gamble here is not really about money, as it’s only a 4-line ticket, but the risk of prize loss should 4 or more of your numbers appear.
While full 6if6 coverage for 8 numbers costs a total of 28 lines, you can still get full 4if4 coverage on just 7 lines. At that price, however, we recommend going with 6if6 coverage for 7 numbers as this comes with a jackpot guarantee. You could also try 4if4 coverage of 9 numbers which is also only 7 lines in total.
Since there is no guarantee beyond a single 3if3 with this wheel, matching your number sets (1,2,3,4) and (5,6,7,8) or their odd/even consecutive numbers will dictate the amount of prize money you will win.
The line cost, however, is quite cheap which allows you to still profit when wins are few and far between.
- Match 3 = $10: every 3-5 draws… or
- Match 4 = $50: every 10-25 draws… or
- Match 5 = $500 : every 40-143 draws
Wheeling System Summary
The fact that you can box out 8 numbers quite cheaply and win multiple prizes makes this ticket set an interesting bet.
In general, this ticket is best played on lotteries where small prizes have a medium payout, but can still be profitable if your Match 5 is near the 500x limit.
- 10x prize for Match 3 → $10 prize / $1 ticket
- 50x prize for Match 4 → $50 prize / $1 ticket
- 500x prize for Match 5 → $500 prize / $1 ticket